Start selection here____
The Fullness of the Gentiles.
This topic has been renamed
See definitions below.
Matthew 13:47. Jesus said: Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
Luke 2:30 - 32. Simeon said:
30. For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, 31. Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; 32. A light to lighten the 1484> Gentiles, and the glory of thy people 2474> Israel.
Acts 9:15. The Lord spoke to Ananias concerning Saul (Paul): But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the 1484> Gentiles, and kings, and the children of 2474> Israel:
Acts 10:1 - 4. Cornelius' vision:
1. There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band (gentiles), 2. A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. 3. He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. 4. And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
Acts 10:27 - 28. Peter said to Cornelius:
27. And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together. 28. And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a 2453> Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
Acts 11:15 - 18. Peter testifying of what happened:
15. And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17. Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18. When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the 1484> Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
Romans 8:14 - 15. Paul (Saul) said:
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of 5206> adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Romans 9:30 - 10:1. Paul said:
30. What shall we say then? That the 1484> Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31. But 2474> Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 33. As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a 4348> stumblingstone and 4073> rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 10:1. Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for 2474> Israel is, that they might be saved.
Romans 11:22 - 36 Paul said:
22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. 24. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? 25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to 2474> Israel, until the fulness of the 1484> Gentiles be come in. 26. And so all 2474> Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 29. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30. For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31. Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 33. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34. For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 35. Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 36. For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
Colossians 1:25 - 27. Paul said:
25. Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26. Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the 1484> Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Hebrews 8:10 - 11. The Lord said:
10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of 2474> Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11. And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
2474> Israel: 2474 Israel is-rah-ale': of Hebrew origin (3478); Israel (i.e. Jisrael), the adopted name of Jacob, including his descendants (literally or figuratively):--Israel. HW 3478
2453> Jew: 2453 Ioudaios ee-oo-dah'-yos: from 2448 (in the sense of 2455 as a country); Judaean, i.e. belonging to Jehudah:--Jew(-ess), of Judaea. GW 2448 GW 2455
1484> Gentiles: 1484 ethnos eth'-nos: probably from 1486; a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe; specially, a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually, by implication, pagan):--Gentile, heathen, nation, people. GW 1486
5206> adoption: 5206 huiothesia hwee-oth-es-ee'-ah: from a presumed compound of 5207 and a derivative of 5087; the placing as a son, i.e. adoption (figuratively, Christian sonship in respect to God):--adoption (of children, of sons). GW 5207 GW 5087
4348> stumblingstone: 4348 proskomma pros'-kom-mah: from 4350; a stub, i.e. (figuratively) occasion of apostasy:--offence, stumbling(-block, (-stone)). GW 4350
4073> rock: 4073 petra pet'-ra: feminine of the same as 4074; a (mass of) rock (literally or figuratively):--rock. GW 4074
End selection here____